Alchemy values people and our natural environment very highly, and implements the following actions to ensure that the label's products and practices are as sustainable as possible.
- Products are made using sustainable materials: mainly high quality reclaimed and found, but also high quality, recycled, non-toxic and handmade materials.
- If materials are required to be purchased, we take the time to get to know the seller or maker and find out how and where the materials are produced.
- The minimum amount of materials required (with as little packaging as possible) are purchased to reduce wastage.
- Materials are prepared and used in ways that reduce wastage.
- Unused and excess materials are reused, recycled or donated to reduce wastage.
- Packaging used to send products is made using reclaimed materials wherever possible, or if not, using the most environmentally sustainable new materials available.
- Tools and equipment are purchased secondhand or borrowed where possible.
- Products are delivered to stores (or the post office) by walking, bicycle or public transport wherever possible.
- Greenhouse gas emissions created on travels and postage are offset using tree planting.